Nothing beats a 10- to 15-minute sauna sweat session. You go in with stiff, sore muscles and in a bad mood, maybe even have a throbbing headache.
Then, by the time you’re done, it almost feels like you’re a completely different person. You feel calmer, more relaxed, and less sore.
Yet, some people just don’t feel comfortable sitting in hot, stuffy saunas. If you feel the same way, why not opt for an infrared sauna instead?
- Read more
Infrared Saunas vs. Traditional Saunas
Let’s start by saying that both versions are designed for the same purpose: to increase your internal core temperature. This causes you to sweat out any toxins while releasing helpful chemicals that relieve pain and boost overall health.
The difference is that in an infrared sauna, the air around you doesn’t heat up as in the traditional version. This means less steam and a much more comfortable experience in general.
The way infrared saunas operate is by using a lowelectromagnetic field (EMF) of radiation via infrared heat panels built into the walls. When these panels heat up, they direct nearly 80% of the warmth immediately to your body as opposed to heating the air around you.
So, since they don't have to warm up the whole interior of the sauna, this means they operate at lower temperatures that range between 120℉ to 140℉ compared to that of traditional saunas, which can reach a maximum of 180℉.
There are different types of infrared saunas based on the wavelengths they emit:
- Near-infrared: emits the shortest wavelengths and stimulates collagen production, wound healing, and cell regeneration
- Mid-infrared: emits an average range of infrared that boosts blood flow, increases focus, and enhances metabolism
- Far-infrared: the longest and closest to the natural infrared heat that the body emits naturally, and works to detoxify at a cellular level for the ultimate stress and pain relief
- Full spectrum infrared: emits all 3 types of infrared wavelengths, making it the most beneficial for a wide range of health benefits
Why Choose Nordica Sauna
Nordica Saunas prides itself on providing customers with the finest materials at super competitive prices. Our designers and manufacturers are always on the lookout for innovative ways to improve our products.
We also offer free shipping, responsive customer support service, and a warranty. That’s how we’re able to craft and produce customizable pieces to meet each client’s personal preferences, style, and needs.
Some customizable features you can choose from for your Nordica infrared sauna include:
- Size that ranges between 50” x 50’ for a 2-person sauna to 77.5” x 57.5’ for a 5-person model
Type of wood:eco-certified Canadian red cedar wood for outdoor versions or natural reforested Canadian hemlock wood for indoor models
- Roof design: flat or peak roof depending on the size and whether the sauna will be placed outdoors or indoors
- A wide range of personalized additions, such as cup holders, interior/exterior LED control panels, interior chromotherapy color lighting system, magazine rack, towel rack, backrest, and much more